Northside Industries, an industry leader in the manufacturing and assembly of a variety of steel and aluminum fabrications for the Oil and Gas, Forestry, Heavy Duty Truck, and Mining sectors, serving our customers both locally, throughout Western Canada and exporting for over 50 years, providing the highest level of workmanship and service to exceed customers’ expectations.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager for our West Kelowna, BC location.
WE CANNOT HIRE FOREIGN APPLICANTS. TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST ANSWER ALL PRE-SCREENING QUESTIONS. THANK YOU.
The QA Manager shall be responsible for the company's quality management system (QMS) with joint responsibilities for quality control of products manufactured by the company. The QA Manager shall ensure the QMS meets the company's quality objectives, as a minimum meets relevant certification requirements while providing a highly functional QMS that promotes a continuous improvement culture within the company.
Working with internal and external stakeholders, the QA Manager shall manage elements that contribute to end product and internal process quality and implement measures to enhance quality throughout the entire product lifecycle.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing the development and implementation of the QMS for planning, fabrication, inspection, documentation, and operational activities.
- Overseeing and coordinating daily prioritization of Quality Control inspections, including scheduling of employees and equipment productivity assessments.
- Manage and direct activities and resources of the QA department to meet the company's objective of producing the highest quality product within an established budget.
- Ensure product is manufactured in accordance with contract specifications and codes as set forth by relevant regulatory and client specifications.
- Continuous improvement to maximize product quality and minimize costs.
- Participating on teams as the QA liaison as required.
- Providing feedback and evaluations as needed and required.
- Assisting in training employees as required. Monitor training plan and matrix as required, ensuring ongoing compliance and staff proficiency.
- Maintaining and improving level of quality by managing and implementing inspection criteria and procedures of quality control inspections in the manufacturing plants that are consistent with all applicable standards and specifications.
- Developing and reviewing manufacturing and quality control standards to maintain certifications.
- Preparing annual budget for test and inspection equipment and ensure costs are controlled accordingly.
- Taking active role in investigating and resolving problems related to quality, including sourcing substitute materials and/or suppliers.
- Implementing corrective and/or preventative actions based on statistical information.
- May require work in hazardous environments requiring protective equipment.
- May be exposed to dust and high noise levels..
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Northside Industries offers competitive compensation packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.