Northside Industries, an industry leader in the manufacturing and assembly of a variety of steel and aluminum fabrications for the Oil and Gas, Forestry, Heavy Duty Truck, and Mining sectors, serving our customers both locally, throughout Western Canada and exporting for over 50 years, providing the highest level of workmanship and service to exceed customers’ expectations.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control/Welding Inspector for our West Kelowna, BC location.
We have an opening for a positive and team-oriented individual to our team responsible for providing inspections of products, supporting the company’s quality management system (QMS) through first article inspections, sample inspections, PPAP documentation, continuous improvement, identifying trends in repeating issues, doing risk assessment, root cause analysis, calibration records, and provide general support to Engineering, Production and Operations of the company. Working with internal and external stakeholders, the QCI greatly influences elements that contribute to final product quality and implement measures to enhance overall quality, reduce risks and costs.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- QC inspection of parts manufactured ensuring products are conforming to customer specifications.
- Assist in disposition of non-conforming in process and finished goods products manufactured
- Conduct appropriate containment actions for non-conformances to limit exposures to issues
- Prepare required quality documents for customers such as PPAP documentation, Certificate of compliance,
- Collect and log inspection data for further analysis and provide feedback throughout the organization to promote continuous improvement and determine trends in internal quality
- Provide RMA/RGA numbers to customers to authorize return/scrap/rework of product which may get to end customers non-conforming.
- Assist in internal audits of manufacturing and quality control standards to maintain ISO certification.
- Assist in creation, review and implement inspection criteria and procedures as needed which are consistent with all applicable standards and specifications.
- Assist in review and log of tools, equipment, and measuring devices used in production to ensure they are suitable to meet required tolerances and specifications through calibration, verification, and certification as needed.
- Ensure continuous flow of parts through inspection area to meet customer deadlines.
- Provide input to Quality Manager for annual budget for test and inspection equipment
- Participating on teams as the Quality liaison as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2021-09-07